What is involved in CTQ critical to quality
Find out what the related areas are that CTQ critical to quality connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a CTQ critical to quality thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its CTQ critical to quality journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward CTQ critical to quality leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which CTQ critical to quality related domains to cover and 54 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
CTQ critical to quality, Critical to quality, Business process, CTQ tree, Design for Six Sigma, Quality, Total productive maintenance, Total quality management:
CTQ critical to quality Critical Criteria:
Reorganize CTQ critical to quality tasks and gather CTQ critical to quality models .
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if CTQ critical to quality does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom CTQ critical to quality project?
– How do we manage CTQ critical to quality Knowledge Management (KM)?
Critical to quality Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Critical to quality decisions and assess what counts with Critical to quality that we are not counting.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding CTQ critical to quality?
– Who sets the CTQ critical to quality standards?
– Is a CTQ critical to quality Team Work effort in place?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Business process results and differentiate in coordinating Business process.
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– What are the disruptive CTQ critical to quality technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– What core business processes drive our industry and channel today?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– What/how are business processes defined?
– What is the business process?
CTQ tree Critical Criteria:
Explore CTQ tree leadership and work towards be a leading CTQ tree expert.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect CTQ critical to quality workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– When a CTQ critical to quality manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Design for Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Discuss Design for Six Sigma tasks and develop and take control of the Design for Six Sigma initiative.
– In the case of a CTQ critical to quality project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a CTQ critical to quality project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any CTQ critical to quality project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether CTQ critical to quality goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as CTQ critical to quality leaders?
Quality Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Quality visions and display thorough understanding of the Quality process.
– Client participation is one of the best indicators of program quality. if participation is low or declining, it may be an indicator of customer dissatisfaction with one or more aspects of the program. what client involvement is there with the current program?
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– At all levels at which data are aggregated, are reports received from lower levels systematically verified for completeness and obvious mistakes?
– What are the known sources of errors in the administrative data (e.g. non-response, keying, coding errors)?
– What technical specifications should we build into our infrastructure to produce quality data?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– Are Quality Assurance records stored in folders, binders, or other suitable protection?
– What is the process for grading the application of qa requirements for activities?
– Is there sufficient technical information for maintaining the component properly?
– Are previous revisions of documents marked to indicate that they are superseded?
– Which items are subject to revision either by editing or updating data values?
– Is information on the physical properties of the media required?
– What is the proportion of duplicate records on the data file?
– How standardized are Data Quality and governance practices?
– Has management performed regular Data Quality assessments?
– Will the data have a high degree of quality if collected?
– Are people involved in the development identified?
– What are the quality performance standards?
– Are records complete?
Total productive maintenance Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Total productive maintenance goals and probe Total productive maintenance strategic alliances.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your CTQ critical to quality strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are the business goals CTQ critical to quality is aiming to achieve?
– How can the value of CTQ critical to quality be defined?
Total quality management Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Total quality management outcomes and work towards be a leading Total quality management expert.
– Does CTQ critical to quality create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do mission and objectives affect the CTQ critical to quality processes of our organization?
– Have all basic functions of CTQ critical to quality been defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the CTQ critical to quality Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Critical to quality External links:
Critical to Quality (CTQ) Trees – From MindTools.com
Title. Telemedicine: Determining “Critical to Quality” Characteristics for a Healthcare Service System Design Based on a Survey of Physical Rehabilitation Providers
http://[PDF]Critical to Quality (CTQ) Trees – index / Minnesota.gov
Critical To Quality Characteristics | Service at ASU
Business process External links:
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM …
Information technology and business process …
CTQ tree External links:
CTQ Tree Structure PowerPoint Presentation – SlideServe
CTQ Tree – What is Six Sigma
How to Use a CTQ Tree – Villanova University
Design for Six Sigma External links:
Design for Six Sigma | HANSER eLibrary
Design for Six sigma (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Design for Six Sigma for Service – AccessEngineering
Quality External links:
H&M offers fashion and quality at the best price | H&M US
Total productive maintenance External links:
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) – Vorne
Total Productive Maintenance Training – RedVector
Total Productive Maintenance Course
Total quality management External links:
Total Quality Management – TQM Definition – Investopedia
total quality management (TQM) Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]CHAPTER Total Quality Management – Wiley: Home