What is involved in Desktop Virtualization
Find out what the related areas are that Desktop Virtualization connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Desktop Virtualization thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Desktop Virtualization journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Desktop Virtualization leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Desktop Virtualization related domains to cover and 76 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Desktop Virtualization, Apple–Intel architecture, Application software, Application virtualization, Citrix XenApp, Cloud computing, Data as a service, Desktop environment, Hardware virtualization, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft Windows, Oracle Corporation, Parallels Desktop for Mac, Remote Desktop Protocol, Remote Desktop Services, Software as a service, Tablet computer, Thin client, VMware Fusion, VMware Horizon View, VMware ThinApp, Virtual PC:
Desktop Virtualization Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Desktop Virtualization engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Desktop Virtualization relationship management.
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– To what extent does management recognize Desktop Virtualization as a tool to increase the results?
– Who needs to know about Desktop Virtualization ?
– Are there Desktop Virtualization Models?
Apple–Intel architecture Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Apple–Intel architecture tasks and optimize Apple–Intel architecture leadership as a key to advancement.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Desktop Virtualization?
– Do those selected for the Desktop Virtualization team have a good general understanding of what Desktop Virtualization is all about?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Desktop Virtualization into the services that we provide?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Think about Application software quality and arbitrate Application software techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Desktop Virtualization process?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– How will you measure your Desktop Virtualization effectiveness?
– How do we keep improving Desktop Virtualization?
Application virtualization Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Application virtualization adoptions and devote time assessing Application virtualization and its risk.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Desktop Virtualization models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Desktop Virtualization requirements in detail?
– Which product provides an application virtualization solution?
– What are specific Desktop Virtualization Rules to follow?
Citrix XenApp Critical Criteria:
Match Citrix XenApp governance and differentiate in coordinating Citrix XenApp.
– Is there a Desktop Virtualization Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do Desktop Virtualization rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What about disaster recovery?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Cloud computing issues and create Cloud computing explanations for all managers.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– Does the rise of cloud computing make managed hosting less desired and less important?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are the practical limitations to cloud technology?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– Is Cloud computing dangerous for our data?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– What Is the Lifecycle Services Framework?
– Will database virtualization take off?
Data as a service Critical Criteria:
Gauge Data as a service tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Data as a service.
– In what ways are Desktop Virtualization vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What is the purpose of Desktop Virtualization in relation to the mission?
Desktop environment Critical Criteria:
Consult on Desktop environment projects and devise Desktop environment key steps.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Desktop Virtualization strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Desktop Virtualization forward?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Desktop Virtualization processes?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Study Hardware virtualization governance and integrate design thinking in Hardware virtualization innovation.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Desktop Virtualization objectives?
Microsoft App-V Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Microsoft App-V results and create Microsoft App-V explanations for all managers.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Desktop Virtualization delivery for example is new software needed?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Desktop Virtualization opportunities costing us money?
– How do we manage Desktop Virtualization Knowledge Management (KM)?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Microsoft Windows strategies and cater for concise Microsoft Windows education.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Desktop Virtualization strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can you measure Desktop Virtualization in a systematic way?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Discuss Oracle Corporation issues and mentor Oracle Corporation customer orientation.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Desktop Virtualization experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Is maximizing Desktop Virtualization protection the same as minimizing Desktop Virtualization loss?
– How do we go about Comparing Desktop Virtualization approaches/solutions?
Parallels Desktop for Mac Critical Criteria:
Add value to Parallels Desktop for Mac visions and balance specific methods for improving Parallels Desktop for Mac results.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Desktop Virtualization processes?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Desktop Virtualization goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is there any existing Desktop Virtualization governance structure?
Remote Desktop Protocol Critical Criteria:
Guard Remote Desktop Protocol strategies and forecast involvement of future Remote Desktop Protocol projects in development.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Desktop Virtualization project?
– Are we Assessing Desktop Virtualization and Risk?
Remote Desktop Services Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Remote Desktop Services strategies and plan concise Remote Desktop Services education.
– Does Desktop Virtualization systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Desktop Virtualization?
– What are the business goals Desktop Virtualization is aiming to achieve?
– Which statement is true about remote desktop services (rds)?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Software as a service planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Desktop Virtualization workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Who will provide the final approval of Desktop Virtualization deliverables?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Probe Tablet computer goals and report on developing an effective Tablet computer strategy.
– Is Desktop Virtualization dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Thin client Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Thin client projects and create a map for yourself.
– Which Desktop Virtualization goals are the most important?
VMware Fusion Critical Criteria:
Investigate VMware Fusion tasks and probe VMware Fusion strategic alliances.
– What are our needs in relation to Desktop Virtualization skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Desktop Virtualization study?
VMware Horizon View Critical Criteria:
Participate in VMware Horizon View goals and budget for VMware Horizon View challenges.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Desktop Virtualization in a volatile global economy?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Desktop Virtualization process?
VMware ThinApp Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase VMware ThinApp adoptions and shift your focus.
– Does our organization need more Desktop Virtualization education?
Virtual PC Critical Criteria:
Check Virtual PC projects and overcome Virtual PC skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Desktop Virtualization product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Desktop Virtualization Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Desktop Virtualization External links:
Desktop virtualization – Enterprise Mobility Solution
http://Ad · www.microsoft.com/Virtualization
Application and Desktop Virtualization – Citrix
Application software External links:
Chapter 3 – Application Software
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Application virtualization External links:
Application Virtualization Engineer – SCCM Architects
landesk application virtualization jobs | Dice.com
Citrix XenApp External links:
[PDF]Title : Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration – Test4actual
Citrix XenApp 6.0 | FileMaker Community
Citrix XenApp 6.5 | Pluralsight
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Data as a service External links:
Mighty AI | Training Data as a Service (TDaaS)™
BrightPlanet – Deep Web Data Collection & Data as a Service
Data as a Service | MOTOR
Desktop environment External links:
Lumina Desktop Environment | Exploring and sharing …
Screenshots | Lumina Desktop Environment
MATE Desktop Environment | MATE
Microsoft App-V External links:
Microsoft App-V – Virtual Applications | TechNet
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation: NYSE:ORCL quotes & news – Google …
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Parallels Desktop for Mac External links:
Buy Parallels Desktop for Mac
Downloads Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition | Imagine
Remote Desktop Protocol External links:
Understanding the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
Remote Desktop Protocol (Windows) – msdn.microsoft.com
Remote Desktop Services External links:
NuoRDS – Remote Desktop Services for Mac computers
What’s New in Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server
Remote Desktop Services tools are not functional after …
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
FinTech Software as a Service for AP, AR & HR | DataServ
Tablet computer External links:
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
Thin client External links:
HP t620 Flexible Thin Client – Overview | HP® Customer …
TER Death Thin Client Page
DWD Thin Client System
VMware Fusion External links:
VMware Fusion – Official Site
VMware Fusion for Mac – Download
VMware Horizon View External links:
VMware Horizon View – Students
NYCHHC – VMware Horizon View
VMware Horizon View – Moraine Park Technical College
Virtual PC External links:
Description of Windows Virtual PC – support.microsoft.com
How to Use Microsoft Virtual PC: 14 Steps (with Pictures)